This is our Glee Gum Make Your Own Gummies Kit experience. My daughters and my son really enjoyed making our Gummies from scratch. The directions were easy to follow, and I felt it was very educational as well. We learned what seaweed produces when cooked for a minute or two in boiling water. The kids and I thought it was very neat how the Seaweed made a gelatin called carageenan!
Glee Gum has very great instructions and it includes everything you need to make the gummies except for the molds. Glee Gum feels that you should be able to use what ever shapes you would like so they include a corn starch type material to make the molds with on a plate. We chose to use some animals from some play sets the kids had. Make sure whatever you use, you make them sanitary before using them for the molds.
My youngest daughter is four and she was most involved with making the gummies. It was a little complicated for her but with mommy and big sis to help her, she got the hang of it pretty quick. Mommy did have one "oopsie" which involved a spillover in the microwave. I highly recommend heating up your seaweed and water on the stove top as the microwave just cooked it too fast! I do believe the spill over took away from the final product but they still came out in tact just a little too thick when filling the molds. The gummies were too sour for my liking but the kids enjoyed them very much. Thank you Glee Gum for letting us try out your candy kit!
If you would like to buy your own Glee Gum Candy or Gum Kit, you can log on to their website to order it directly online or you can check out their store locator to find a store in your local area.
To win a candy kit of your own, follow the instructions below to complete your entries. Good luck! The giveaway closes at 11:59 PM EST on September 16th.
Visit the Glee Gum website and choose your favorite item. In a comment, leave the name of the item of choice and your email address (This entry must be completed before the bonus entries will count)! Available to the US and Canada!
YOU MUST INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IN YOUR COMMENT SO I CAN CONTACT THE WINNER. (If your email is linked to your google account, this is not necessary)
For bonus entries:
- Like me on Facebook and leave a comment that you do. Please include your Facebook name.
- Follow me on Twitter and leave a comment that you do. Please include your Twitter name.
- Become a friend with Google Friend Connect and leave a comment that you have or that you already are.
- Subscribe to my blog via RSS/Email (right sidebar) and leave a comment that you do. Email subscriptions must be verified.
- Follow my blog with Networked Blogs and leave a comment that you do.
- Leave a comment any non-giveaway post and let me know in a comment which one you left it on.
- Share my giveaway on twitter or facebook and leave me a link in a comment. (Click on the time stamp and copy the link in the address bar).
- Like Glee Gum on Facebook.
- Follow Glee Gum on Twitter.
- Comment on a post on the Glee Gum blog and let me know which blog post you commented on.
- Vote for me in the Soft Scrub Total photo contest! (Photo titled Round and Round by Julie J. Yellow and Grey shirt on my little boy)! Thank you!
- Vote for my candle design on the Glade website!
- Vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs.
- Vote for me on Picket Fence Blogs.
- Enter any of my other current giveaways and leave a comment telling me which ones.
The opinions stated in my review are 100% my own. I received a free Make Your Own Gummies Kit for reviewing purposes but was not paid to give a positive opinion. I will use Random.org to choose my winner.
The giveaway will close on September 160h, 2010 at 11:59 PM. Drawings will occur on September 17th, 2010. The winner will be contacted by email and announced in a "winners" blog post.