Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Reflecting back on the past few weeks

I hope you all know that I am very new to use coupons and sales to get the best deals possible. I used to run to Walmart once or twice a week and leave spending no less than $100 per trip! I was directed to a fabulous blog called Deal Seeking Mom by my cousin, Cindy. This blog really sparked my interest on the ways of spending and saving money and also by becoming a better mom and wife for my family. I'm not like some of the other bloggers who have stories that some people can relate regarding money issues and not being able to afford things in the economy today. I'm very blessed to be able to afford virtually whatever I want with only a small amount of proper prior planning. My husband has a well paying job and I stay home and raise our two beautiful children. I started this blog because I found this intriguing! It's possible to buy national brand products and still cut your grocery expenses in half? NO WAY! I tried it and it's true. My reasoning for putting so much time and effort into saving extra money is because of the one thing my husband and I want more than anything and don't see tangible right now, our own home. So, please, think of that one thing that you would like to have that seems just out of reach and join me here weekly as I show you the best ways on maximizing your cash on groceries. Below is my progress since March 18th, 2010. That is the day I made my first purchase using coupons and blog suggestions for my purchases. Also, please keep in mind that I started on a rampage with my stockpiling and I don't encourage this if you cannot afford it.

Shopping at Price Chopper, Wegmans, Walmart, Target, Kinney Drugs, Rite Aid and Walgreen's I have spent a total of $561.83. My savings are a total of $487.45. Let me try that again.. I purchased $1049.28 worth of groceries, toiletries and even some things not on sale and have saved 46% in just 3 weeks!!! You can do this too! Good luck and please contact me for more information or questions about this blog. Enjoy and have fun shopping!
PS. If you are not brand specific, these results ARE typical!